Castlemaine 23rd February 2020
Weather; hot, sunny
Track; Grass 396m
Commentator; Cartha McKerrow
Wind gauge; Automatic
Starters; Rob McIntosh, Graeme Humphrey
Photo finish; Tom Burbidge, Andre Pereira
Results; Nila Blennerhassett
Stewards; Brian Marantelli, Wally Meechan
Handicappers; Graeme Goldsworthy, Colin Lane, Darryl, Chris Brown, Andrew McDowell
Matt McDonough, Sean Quilty, Phil Noden,Nathan Hartigan and Troy Atkins wore flats in the 3200m.
Tony O’Shea sought permission to use the standing start in sprint events.
Ava Toomer was a scratching from the final of the 120m u/18s, due to injury.
Garry Blake and Sandor Kazi were scratchings from the masters 300m, due to injury.
Stewards queried Tiani Shillito’s loss of time in the 120m Women’s gift as she progressed from heat to semi to final. A NAP was applied to her final run.
Athletes in circle events, in particular 300m and 400m evets, please read rules, below, regarding starting positions.
Track Allowance 70m .1 second
120m Open Gift; Endale Mekonnen, Paul Hughes (brk)
120m Women’s Gift; Tiana Shillito, Taylah Perry, Zoe Glassborow
120m Masters; Julian Fawcett
300m Masters; Garry Blake, Sandor Kazi.
800m Open; Jack Anderson, Simon Fitzpatrick, Julian Harris, Benjamin Rolfe,Matthew Noden.
400m Women: Cleo Anderson
400m Open: Jay Blake
400m Women’s; Cleo Anderson
No athlete, coach or parent is to approach any handicapper on race day, all requests for discussions with handicappers are to be organized through the Chief Steward or the VAL office.
- Please note that under no circumstances are pets allowed onto the athletic arena, leashed or unleashed.
- VAL rule 11.16 - Any Athlete who sustains an injury or illness during an event, which prevents the athlete from running to the best of their ability or is unable to take their place in a semi-final or final for similar reasons, MAY incur a suspension of 28 days. The decision as to a suspension being applied is solely at the discretion of the stewarding panel.
- Breaking in a heat or semi final and not progressing is an automatic NP, at best
- All athletes must submit winning interstate performances and PB’s to the VAL via website as per VAL rules 11.19, 11.20, 11.21, 11.22, 11.23. Failure to do so WILL result in a fine.
- Athletes intending to wear flats in circular events must seek permission from stewards prior to racing. Any sustained use of flats may reduce the possibility of reverting to spikes later in the season.
Starting positions on circle track
Athletes that are placed on the same handicap in a circle event.
The athlete closest to the line (on the same handicap ) is allowed no more than a body width, from the line, unless the wider athletes permit.
Under no circumstances can the colour/number order be altered from the program.
Any athlete that is penalised for a false start must be placed to the outside of the new handicap.