As per the latest updates from the Victorian Government, the below CovidSafe Settings will apply to VAL competitions until further notice.
NOTE - Events that contain VAL competitions are not classified as 'Community sport' and must adhere to the Victorian Government CovidSafe Settings for 'Events' under the Open Premises Directions (OPD).
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
- All attendees aged 16+ including participants, organisers, volunteers, and spectators, are required to be fully vaccinated. Only those below the age of 16 or who have an approved exemption are excluded.
- All attendees must check in to each venue.
- Events such as pro running meetings can host up to 5,000 attendees, subject to any restrictions related to the settings of the host venue.
- Events hosted in outdoor venues can follow the settings for outdoor non-seated entertainment (fully vaccinated: density quotient of one person per two square meters up to 5,000, quotient of one person per four square meters for indoor spaces)
Proof of vaccination
- Attendees will need to show proof of vaccination to gain entry to events across Victoria. Find out how to get your Covid-19 Digital Vaccination Certificate here
Food and beverage service at events:
- Indoor settings: in line with hospitality settings, patrons can only consume food and beverage while seated - this includes in their allocated seat. Face masks must be worn indoors at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Outdoor settings: non-seated food and beverage service is permitted outdoors.
To keep yourself, your friends and your family safe there are four key actions that Victorians are being asked to continue:
- Stay at home and get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild.
- Practise good hygiene - wash your hands and cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Keep your distance - stay 1.5 metres away from people where you can.
- Wear a face mask when required.
Further easing of restrictions will be made when the state reaches a 90% double vaccination rate (12+ year). The next stage of restrictions easing is estimated to be reached on November 24. We will share this information as it becomes confirmed.
We'll be sharing more competition details in our upcoming November newsletter.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via (03) 4239 0211 or email@example.com