After receiving updated information from the Victorian Government, Waverley will proceed this Sunday as originally planned.
We will provide more information as it becomes available, but there are some important updates and reminders that need to be followed:
- You must carry a face mask with you when you leave home.
- Face masks continue to be mandatory indoors (other than residential homes). This includes changerooms and toilets etc.
- Face masks are also mandatory outdoors when you can’t keep 1.5 metres distance from other people (except with people from your own home).
- No limits on interstate travel (but you need to check the visiting state’s entry conditions).
- Electronic check-in at venues is required.
- No spectators are permitted on the ground at any time, including after finals and during presentations.
ATHLETES & TRAINERS:
- Only access the ground when you are warming up, competing, or warming down. If it is possible to do this outside the venue (eg. at an adjacent park) please do so.
- No shaking hands or hugging after races.
- Group photos must be contactless.
- No squads or spectators are permitted on the ground during presentations or at the completion of finals.
- The only people permitted on the infield are
- Club members & sponsors
- Athletes that are warming up/down or competing
- Trainers with athletes that are about to compete
*No other person is permitted on the field without the permission of the VAL.
Failure to comply will be at the discretion of the VAL stewards and will result in a fine, suspension, disqualification, or exclusion from the arena.
Thank you for your understanding.