MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
I cannot believe we are already in February! I have attended a few meetings in January and have really enjoyed watching the races and talking with athletes, trainers and family members. Many of you have come up and spoken to me and made suggestions and comments about how the sport can improve. As I cannot get around to speak with all of you - I am doing a call out via this newsletter for feedback. I would love to hear your feedback on the following three questions:
1) What is working well?
2) What isn't working well?
3) What improvements would you suggest?
If you can please limit your answers to 3 for each question (dot points are fine) that would be great. You can send this feedback to me at email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
ENTRIES CLOSING SOON
GEELONG - ENTRIES CLOSE TODAY! - Enter here
BENDIGO - Entries close Friday 22 February - Enter here
EUROA GIFT CANCELLED
Euroa Gift organiser, Laurie O'Brien, has recently fallen ill, and the local committee are unable to fulfill the workload that Laurie undertook for this event. With regret, the committee have advised the VAL that the 2019 Euroa Gift has been cancelled. We wish Laurie all the best and hope to see the event back in 2020.
In light of the cancellation, the VAL will be adding an additional event to the calendar. Further information will be published as soon as possible.
- Any athlete, coach or parent wishing to have a handicap checked, is required to email the VAL office before the day of competition. The VAL office will then forward the request to the relevant handicapper. NO RACE DAY QUERIES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- No athlete, coach or parent is to approach a handicapper or steward on race day unless a meeting has been previously organised.
- No VAL handicapper or steward will discuss an individual athlete’s performance on the day with the athlete, coach or parent unless the VAL stewards or handicappers request such a discussion.
- Athletes who mix distances to the detriment of a performance during a carnival will not receive AP’s for their performances. This may also apply to athletes who mix distances to the extreme from week to week.
- All handicap queries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEILOR - 400M RESTRICTED
The 400m Restricted race at Keilor is part of the InterSport SportsBiz Series. Though not officially sponsored by InterSport SportzBiz, the VAL have included the points for this race in the series.
PHOTOGRAPHY OPPORTUNITY - KEILOR
Our official photographer is unable to attend the Keilor Gift on Saturday 16 February so we're on the lookout for anyone that has the skills to deliver some great shots.
If you're interested or know someone that might be, please call or email us for the details. This is a paid role.
(03) 8646 4545
BALLARAT GIFT INFORMATION
This year's Ballarat Gift will be held at the historic City Oval on a superb & fast grass surface, on the corner of Sturt St & Pleasant St North, Ballarat.
There will only be one entrance gate open which is off Pleasant St North, which runs off Sturt St (Ballarat's main street)
Marquees are welcome on the oval on the Southern or Sturt St side of the ground. Marquees MUST be tied up to the fence & no pegs to be used within 1 metre of the fence due to underground irrigation, but you're welcome to use pegs at the front of your marquee.
GEELONG - NO PEGGING
No tent pegs are permitted to be used at the Geelong Gift meeting. You will be required to use rope to secure your marquees to the weights provided.
Timetables are often adjusted on the Monday before each meet. This is due to finalising the number of heats after entries have closed as well as other considerations for each club. Athletes are reminded to check the refined timetables in the days prior to each meeting.
The 'Trainer' button on the VAL homepage is finally active! You can find a list of VAL registered trainers who nominated their details on this page. Each profile also includes details about the trainers including where they train, what age groups and distances they coach, and contact details.
If you registered as a trainer and wish for your information to be included on this page, please email the VAL with the following information:
- Location you coach in
- Distances you coach
- Age groups you coach
- Email (if you want published)
- Phone (if you want published)
To register as a Trainer and to view the full list of benefits, click here.